- Elected Fellow of The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), United Kingdom (2021)
- Member, ACM Executive Council, India, 2020 - 2024
- Member, Executive Committee, IEEE Communication Society-Delhi Chapter, 2020 -
- General Co-Chair, ACM MobiCom 2018 Conference, 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2018, New Delhi, India.
- Editorial Board Member, IETE Technical Review, 2018 - 2020
- Recognized by ACM as a Distinguished Scientist in December 2014.
- Invited to serve as the Program Director in IT Research Academy (ITRA), Media Lab Asia,
Department of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India, October
- On the Technical Advisory Board of MindNet Services (mindnetservices.com), 2020
- On the Technical Advisory Board of ZenTree Labs (zentreelabs.com), 2020
- Co-Founder ChiSquare Analytics, 2013 - 2015
- Elected Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) for technical
contributions in applied research in the areas of wireless and wired communication
- Elected Fellow of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE),
- Invited to serve on the Governing Council/Sectional Committees of INAE & IETE
- Awarded the Sheshagiri Kainini Gold Medal, a certificate and cash award for the best
Ph.D thesis in
of Electrical Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, for the year 1997
- Published more than 75 papers in reputed international Journals and Conferences
- Granted 13 US Patents in the areas of Wireless, Wired Networking and Security (uspto.gov)
- Over 3630 citations (Google Scholar)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2019 -
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2006 - 2011
- Associate Editor, Journal of Wireless Networks (WINET), Springer, since 2006
- Book Editor, “Mobile, Wireless and Sensor Networks: Technology, Applications and
published by John Wiley, USA, March 2006 (amazon.com)
- Guest Editorship, IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications special issues on
- “Recent Advances in Wireless Multimedia”
- “Security in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks”
- “Vehicular Communications”.
- Member of the Project Review and Steering Group (PRSG), Ministry of Communications and
Government of India, for several projects
- Founder member & Steering Committee Co-Chair of AIMLSystems conference (aimlsystems.org) in the area AI and Machine Learning Systems (2021)
- Founder member & Steering Committee Chair of COMSNETS conference (comsnets.org) and COMSNETS
Association registered in Bangalore) in the area of Communications, Networking,
- Chairing the task force in “Technologies for the Health-Care Sector in India”,
the aegis of the Indian National Academy of Engineering, 2011.
- Regular speaker at several international and national conferences/workshops in the areas
Innovation, Higher Education
- Keynote/Invited/Tutorial speaker in several international forums in industries and
- Assistant Professor, Computer Science Dept, National University of Singapore, Singapore:
(While on Sabbatical from IBM Research)
- Adjunct Faculty, Computer Science & Engineering Dept, IIT Delhi, 1998 – 2005
- Visiting Faculty, Computer Science & Engineering Dept, IIT Kanpur, 2000 –
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Awarded “Micro MBA” from IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, NY, 2005.
- PIC Chair for “Communications & Networking” area in IBM India Research
stands for “Professional Interest Communities” within IBM Research)
- Coordinator of university relations, IBM India Research Laboratory, New Delhi.